It’s Harvestfest, Oktoberfest & Fall Festivities time
This is one of my favorite times of the year, and not only because October is my birthday month! The air gets brisk, leaves start turning colors & falling plus we start seeing the special items on menus that include pumpkin and/or cinnamon flavored, YUM! It is officially fall and with it comes time for Harvestfests, Oktoberfest and many fall activities.
Colorado has so much to offer for fall festivities. There are so many in fact that starting in the end of September thru the end of October you will have something to do every weekend!
Listed below are just a few festivities including some that will happening this weekend:
- Denver Oktoberfest Sept 25-27th, many Oktoberfest are based around beers but this festival not only includes some great local beers but is full of family fun activities such as a long dog derby, keg bowling, polka dancing and some great food!
- Pueblo’ Chili & Frijoles Festival Sept 25-27th, local farmers lay out their green Marisol chili & pinto bean harvest which you can purchase and they will fire roast the chili’s for you! The festival includes jalapeno eating contest, chili & salsa showdown, entertainment tents with music & dancing, crafts, etc. *My mom has been going to this for over 20 years!
- The Harvest Farm which holds a fall festival every weekend in October that includes corn mazes, hayrides, pig races, petting zoo, obstacle courses, campfire in evening, face painting etc
- Elk Fest Oct 3-4th, if you haven’t heard the Elks bugling, now is the time and Estes Park has a festival to celebrate this time. This free festival includes arts & crafts, children’s arena with Elk themed activities and Native American dancing performances & storytelling.
- Mile High Horror Film Festival & the Telluride Horror Show are the events you won’t want to miss if you enjoy the scarier side of things!
One more event that I would also like to include is the Oceanaire Oyster Bash, which is on October 25th. If you love food, as much as I do then you may not want to miss this. There will be raw oysters on the half shell (as well as cooked), many other hors d’oeuveres, local spirits and live music by The Brian Hornbuckle Band. Make sure to check it out!
Whatever your choice may be I’m sure you have some fun this fall! Make sure to include us and send us a message, Facebook us, Google +, or any source you prefer to share, just make sure to share your experience!
We wish you a Happy Fall Season!