Give us a call at 303.779.0591

What To Do This Weekend

What To Do This Weekend

What to do this weekend

Either you already know what to do this weekend or your still planning it out.  I would guess at least 90% of us already have our calendar chalked full for the month of December with events and activities. Or if you’re like me in the remaining 10%, you haven’t committed to anything because you are still trying to gather what you want to do first.  Whether you already have your calendar full or if you looking for things to do I have a great list for you to check out!  From gift giving ideas, performances, cutting your own tree or ways to give in your community.  And starting today, each week I will be adding to the list for all you last minute go-getters (myself included)!

A great tradition that started last year in our family is the adventure of going to the 49434c75-5960-4dcb-9459-866e5daf1ff3 ab1bde96-4081-4635-a553-c35abf8062cfmountains to cut our own tree for the Holidays.  By cutting your own tree you are also helping all the national forests by taking an active part in maintaining the forests. The permit costs $10 (one tree per permit), which of course goes towards our national forests. You can purchase up to 5 permits per person.  $10 a tree is a bargain! The core cutting dates are Dec. 3rd-11th. For more info on locations and regulations check it out here. PS. dress warm and don’t forget your child’s coat (which is what we did, parent of the year award!)

Denver’s Parade of Lights is tomorrow night at 8pm and Saturday at 6pm!  This is a spectacular event for both young and old.  This is another tradition our family has made and each year it is not a disappointment.  My advice would be to head down early, you don’t want to be caught in the traffic, make a day of it and head out early to enjoy dinner downtown that will be nearby the parade route. And dress warm and make sure to swing by and see the Denver city and county building lights, which is where the parade starts!

To kick off some Holiday shopping, check out the Denver Flea, located in the former Sports Castle building on 1000 Broadway Street.  They are having their Holiday Flea starting tomorrow night and running through the weekend.  There will be over 50+ local vendors to catch everyone on your shopping list as well as support our local small businesses.  Friday is $30 a ticket and included bottomless local beer and spirits.  The entry fee for Saturday & Sunday is $5, with the funds going to Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute, a non-profit company that helps educate support, and fund entrepreneurs starting their own small business.

And last but not least a new restaurant is opening this Saturday in Sunnyside! The Thunderbird Imperial Lounge.  The new bar and lounge from the restaurateur Jesse Morreale, who once owned the El Diable and The Rock Bar is opening his newest venture that will feature mostly comfort food designed by chef Goose Sorensen of Solera.

If you know of any great venues, adventures and events happening in and around the Denver metro area, please give us a shout and/or post it on our Facebook page!

Share this post:

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.