Our team at Mortgage Maestro commends the efforts of Denver residents, as well as visitors, in keeping with the recommended social distancing protocols. The COVID-19 pandemic has undoubtedly changed the way we live, work, and play. As the state progresses toward later stages of reopening, it is still important to consider safe and responsible leisurely activities for your family. We’ve compiled this article with our top five suggested activities to do in Denver which keep social distancing in mind:
- Hiking Appropriately dubbed the “Mile High City” due to its high elevation, Denver is known for its proximity to mountain ranges and extensive trails. Don’t want to drie too far or a beginner? Consider embarking on a hike on Bear Creek Trail to the Castle—located just 25 minutes from the city—for a day of fresh air and sunshine (be sure to check the weather)! Remember to keep masks handy in the event you encounter other hikers or if you are hiking with a group.
- Denver Botanic Gardens Regarded by locals as one of the most beautiful spots Denver has to offer, the botanic gardens boast an impressive collection of plants and flowers from across the world. With plenty of viewing areas and a spread out campus, you and a loved one may enjoy an intimate and crowd-free afternoon at this lovely venue.
- Union Station Farmers’ Market Located in the heart of downtown Denver, the Union Station is a historical piece of the old city, with a charm of its own. Check out the weekend farmers’ market hosted here to pick up some fresh produce and baked goods in an open-air setting. Much safer than a grocery store (as long as you keep a distance)!
- 40 West Arts This suburban art trail on the western outskirts of the city is a great way to absorb the local creative culture. Murals, interactive mixed-media sculptures, and 3D ground paintings line the four-mile trail. A variety of art styles, featuring urban artists and popular scenes from classic video games, put a whimsical and stimulating spin on the trail walk. This is a great spot to walk your dog or spend a fun-filled family afternoon.
- Throw Axes Ready to vent some quarantine frustration in epic fashion? Bad Axe Throwing in downtown Denver is a place you can go to practice throwing axes at targets! Ninja stars and throwing knives are also provided. Throwing lanes are spaced more incrementally according to social distancing protocol. It is still necessary for participants to wear a mask upon entry into the establishment since it is indoors. This activity is probably best suited for adults or older teens.
In these times of isolation, getting out of the house for a while can provide a great deal of stress relief. As restrictions on public gatherings gradually loosen, it is important to continue to take protective steps while enjoying activities. Mortgage Maestro wishes our readers and clients well, and we can’t wait to reconvene and provide you with our expert services in the future.